Thursday, April 20, 2006

Beautiful Evangeline Lilly Hated the Way Men Leered at Her

Beautiful Evangeline Lilly Hated the Way Men Leered at Her Lost star Evangeline Lilly was so uncomfortable with her beauty when she was a teenager she would plead with God to make her ugly. The Canadian actress had been a tomboy for most of her childhood but when she turned 16, she suddenly blossomed into a stunning young woman. She explains, "I spent many nights crying myself to sleep wishing I was ugly because of the way men leered and disrespected me, because they assumed things about my mental capacity or my physical willingness based on the way I looked." The star become so uneasy with the unwanted attention that it drove her to quit her job as a waitress, which helped her pay for her college education. She adds, "I felt like a whore. You feel like they're paying to stare at your a*s when you're walking away from the table.

No comments: